Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pastel Galaxy Tutorial!

Sorry it's taken me so long to post this! I had a surprisingly busy week for it being the end of the quarter. I recently did a pastel galaxy mani inspired by the lovely @squeakynails on Instagram, and I wanted to share how I did them. Tutorial away!

The first thing I did was use my favorite base coat from Jior Couture, three thin coats of "You're Such A Budapest" from OPI, and NYC Grand Central Station.



After that all dried, I started to sponge on the three pastel colors that I chose for this. I used "Funny Bunny," "Sprout," and "Rain Boots" from B Squared Lacquer. I did this step until the base was no longer visible.



At this point, some of you might want to just add some stars and glitter and call it a day, but I wanted the colors to look a little more muted so I added another step. I decided to sponge on a thin layer of "You're Such A Budapest" on top to tone down the other colors and give it a more muted look. It might not look that different in pictures, but it looked much more toned down in person!


After that I added one coat of "We Kill the Sparkly Ones For Free" from Supernatural Lacquer while the others were still a little wet so that it would blend a little better. 



After the glitter dried a little bit, I started to paint on some "stars" and dots using "Snow Me White" from Sinful Colors.



Once the stars had dried, I put on another top coat layer and cleaned up the edges! Happy day! Here's the final product in the shade and in the direct sunlight. The sun made my hands look weirdly red in these, but at least my nails are sparkly! Hopefully this helped make it a little easier for those of you who don't try galaxy nails much. If you recreate them and you have an Instagram, tag me @whimsicalicious, I'd love to see them!

Shade
Direct Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment