Thursday, October 9, 2014

Nvr Enuff Polish - Spice World Collection Review!

Hello again, friends! Sorry I'm being so sporadic with blog posts, I've had some crazy family stuff coming up recently that's keeping my mind occupied. But I do have two new Nvr Enuff collections to review for you all today! First up is the Spice World collection which, as you may have guessed, was inspired by the five sassy members of the Spice Girls. And as if I didn't love the Spice Girls enough already, this collection only increased my love exponentially.


Aren't they glorious already? And let me tell you, as much as I have always loved Nvr Enuff, these two collections blew me away even more than normal. The formulas were somehow even better than before, the colors even more astounding, I can't even begin to gush enough about them. But we'll get to that in a bit!

A baby pink crelly with tiny iridescent glitters (two coats for opaqueness)
First up in the Spice World collection is Baby! I was always compared to Baby as a kid because I was blonde and everyone thought I was sweet, which was really annoying, but there's nothing annoying about this beauty! Both my sister and I rushed to try this on as soon as I opened my swatching package BECAUSE LOOK AT IT. Not to mention, neither of us are very pink people.

Direct Sun
Shade
Super duper in love with this color. Can't even. I CANNOT. I used two coats on all nails except my accent which is two coats of Alpine Snow (OPI) and a wonderful, free-handed pink ribbon using Baby. I finished this swatch on October 1st and I felt it was fitting to begin the month with a Breast Cancer Awareness mani using this gorgeous shade of pink. The formula is very similar to Matin from the Light Collection, although a little easier to apply. The iridescent glitters make it a little thicker than other polishes, not dissimilar to a glow-in-the-dark polish, if you've used those. But still, by no means difficult to apply.

A dense flakie topper with gold, bronze, taupe, midnight and gunmetal flakes
(two generous coats in a more 'dabbing' manor for opaqueness)
Next up in this swatching marathon is Scary! Again, this polish just killed me. The coloring and metallic-like look is just magnificent for fall! I just love everything about it. While it is "intended" to be worn as a topper, it also just looks beautiful alone. Not to mention it wasn't difficult at all to build up to opaqueness!

Direct Sun
Shade
RIGHT? Do you see how perfect it is? I tried to show a range of uses for Scary in these swatches, so there's a lot of different views for you! I used three coats alone on my thumb and middle finger, one coat alone with a French tip of Vampires Suck (Enchanted Polish) on my pointer finger, one coat over Vampires Suck on my ring finger, and one coat over Hot Chocolate for Unicorns (Enchanted Polish) on my pinky. This was an amazing formula, as you may have expected. The dry time was great, the coverage was fantastic, just all around lovely.

A linear teal in the sun! (Two coats for opaqueness)
Sporty is another absolute must-have from this collection. It's such an amazing color and, I believe, a staple for any nail polish addict! My favorite part about this polish might be the difference between shade and sun. In the shade, it's such a delicate and simple blue, but in the sun it's such a knock-out holo! I just love the versatility that it brings for me.

Direct Sun
Shade
Where do I even begin with this? First of all, when I first saw pictures of this color, I was a little confused. I thought it was strange that they would make a color that was so similar to a previous color (Apres-Midi), but after receiving it in person I could definitely see the difference! I would also like to point out another miraculous note on this polish, along with most of this collection. This is two coats on all of my nails (except my accent which is Alpine Snow and a black striper). Two coats, no clean-up around my nails, no top coat. The formula was so excellent that I really didn't need anything else. It dried amazingly fast, it was super shiny, it was so even that I didn't need any clean-up. In everyday wear I would probably still use a topcoat just to make sure it didn't chip, but it's just amazing that it's so perfect!

A reddish/pink with red holo dust and micro iridescent glitters
(two coats for opaqueness)
Up next is Ginger! I love how unique this red is with hints of pink and some blue iridescent glitters in it. These ladies never cease to amaze me with their ability to make so many perfect and unique reds! As you might expect if you remember my love for red polishes, this is also an absolute favorite of mine.

Direct Sun
Shade
This whole collection was ridiculous to swatch, each polish became my new favorite as I went on swatching! Ginger was no exception to this strange phenomenon. And again, this was two coats of Ginger with no clean-up! My accent nail is Blue Lagoon from Nvr Enuff that they were sweet enough to send me as a thank you for my continued support and swatching. I'm not entirely sure if they're releasing it for sale any time soon, but it was also two beautiful coats. Since there was a little more glitter on this one, I did use top coat for these, but it actually had a cool, semi-textured look without it!

A black jelly in the shade and has a gorgeous purple pearl shift in the sun
(two coats for opaqueness)
Last, but certainly not least, is Posh! While beautiful in the bottle, this polish is something else on the nails. It has a similar, undefinable quality to Sporty in that it is entirely different in different lighting. In the shade it's such a deep plum purple that it looks nearly pitch black, while in the sunlight it's a gorgeous pearlescent purple! I cannot even imagine how amazing this would be for stamping!

Direct Sun
Shade
Disclaimer: this actually did look a little more purple than this in the sun, my camera couldn't quite capture it. Now, I know this swatch looks like all of the nails are Posh by itself, but you might be surprised to find out that that is not true! I anticipated it being much more sheer/jelly when I saw the color, for some reason, so I had polishes under many of these coats to see how it would effect the base color. But the polish was so opaque and glorious that you can barely tell! This both made me sad that I couldn't get different effects, and very happy that it was so opaque and magnificent in such a small amount of coats. My thumb and middle finger are two coats alone, my pointer finger is one coat over Iolite (also Nvr Enuff, look forward to this beauty in the Minerals Rock! Collection post!), my ring finger is one coat over Limitless (Pure Nail Polish), and my pinky is one coat over Undenied (ILNP Brand). as before, very little/no clean-up necessary and a wonderfully glossy finish.

Overall, this collection knocked my socks off. They continue to deliver amazing colors, fantastic quality, great pricing, and wonderful customer service. As always, these polishes were sent to me at a discounted rate for my honest review and swatches, and everything that I've shared is 100% my honest opinion.

While Scary is currently sold out, you should still head over to http://nvrenuffpolish.bigcartel.com/ and grab some! All polishes are $8.75 each (15ml)/$3.75 each (5ml) for the remaining shades. Don't let them sell out before you grab one!

No comments:

Post a Comment