Thursday, August 21, 2014

Nvr Enuff Polish - Nick of Time Review! (Picture Heavy)

AHHHH I swear I didn't die! I'm so sorry it's taken me forever to upload this, I swear I did the swatches ages ago! I got into a Human Development program at WSU (yay!) so I've been really busy finishing the quarter and getting ready to jump into the semester at WSU starting next Monday - life has been pretty hectic here! But, just because I love you guys, I made time to do two long-awaited blog posts today. Postarific! Hopefully I'll have a lot easier time this semester with keeping my blog schedule much more even since all of my classes are online, but I promise to at least update you lovelies more. In any case, swatches!


 As you may or may not have guessed, this collection from Nvr Enuff Polish was based off of different shows from Nickelodeon that the creators loved while growing up! Since we're all very close in age, I actually have very fond memories of these shows as well, so I was super excited to own polishes based on them! Now then, on to the swatches.

A black holo base with small red hex and large silver hex

Okay then! First up is a personal favorite of mine, The Adventures of Pete and Pete. This was the only show from this collection that I didn't watch, but it must have been super awesome if it inspired this polish! Thankfully I got a pretty awesome bottle shot of this, since when I actually painted my nails I don't think I did it justice.

Shade
Shade
Direct Sun
Direct Sun
Alrighty then! For this one, I did two coats of The Adventures of Pete and Pete on all nails except my accent which is one coat of July 2014 from Enchanted Polish. My middle finger also has one coat of Arc en Argent, also from Nvr Enuff, over it. I really loved this combination! I used July 2014 to bring out the red hexes in TAoPaP, but in my haste to swatch it I didn't really have many visible...I promise they exist though! Not that it needs to be said, but as always, the formula and application of this was awesome. I have some devious plans to do some black and red galaxy nails with this polish, it's just so perfect!

A red linear holo jelly base crammed with red and orange holo hex glitters!

Next up in this party is Are You Afraid of the Dark? I was so excited when I saw this polish! Not only was I a huge fan of this show, I have a weakness for red polishes...and then it was also a jelly!? Basically, everyone wins in this scenario. Just happiness all around.

Shade
Shade
Direct Sun
Direct Sun
I pretty much just ran around for like 20 minutes and yelled "SQUISH!" while wearing this, no joke. It's so gooey and delicious, it's basically a pie. But anyway! My thumb has two coats of Are You Afraid of the Dark? over Rocko's Modern Life (also from this collection, be patient!), my pointer finger has one coat over July 2014, and my middle and pinky fingers are both two coats of AYAotD alone. Now that is an acronym. My ring finger is two coats of Pete and Pete with the little candle from the opening of the show. To make the candle, I used San Tan-tonio (OPI) for the stick and a mixture of May and July 2014 for the flame. If you look really close you can see that I also used one of the glitters from AYAotD in the middle of the flame! Now that is dedication. As usual, perfect formula, no issues here! Since it's a jelly I had to be a little careful that I didn't start throwing coats on before the previous dried, but it actually dried rather fast and didn't require many coats to look opaque, so that was a pleasant surprise!

A nude creme base with a blue/violet shift!

Are you ready for one of the best nude polishes I have ever laid my busted eyes on?! I don't think you're ready, because I sure wasn't. This polish matches my skin tone really well, and it's still very interesting with all its shifty goodness. I used this for so many different manis after I got it, I could probably make a pretty hefty post just for those!

Shade
Shade
Direct Sun
Direct Sun
It's very difficult to capture the shift on camera since it's rather subtle, but if you look closely it's more visible in my shade shots! I really, really just super love this polish. It went on ridiculously smoothly, dried so fast, and just looked amazing. For whatever reason, I normally have a lot of trouble applying nude polishes that I like, so I just went into this swatch worried that it was going to be difficult, but no issues whatsoever! All of my nails except my accent nail have three thin coats of Rocko's Modern Life. You honestly could probably do two, I was just worried that they were going to take forever to dry like every other nude I have (which, as I mentioned, they did not!) My accent nail is two coats of Apres-Midi from the Light Collection (also Nvr Enuff) and the Conglom-O logo from the show using some mystery polishes that I got from Jior Couture.

A whole bunch of awesome glitters suspended in love and joy.

You may notice on the website that Kablam! is not listed anymore as part of this collection. I believe there was some issue with the glitters in some orders, so I think they took it down for quality control. I didn't have any problems but look at that customer service! They refunded all of the orders who purchased it, whether they had issues or not. Some classy ladies over there at Nvr Enuff. Anyway, I'm sharing this one just because I really love it, and with any luck it will be back for purchase some day!

Shade
Shade
Direct Sun
Direct Sun
Honestly, I've never been a huge fan of glitter toppers since I just don't remember I have them so when I'm thinking of colors I never think to pick them out. But after getting this, I'm constantly trying to think of manis that will just match it specifically. It's so wonderful and I love these colors and shapes together! My thumb has two coats of Kablam! over one coat of June 2014 (Enchanted Polish), my pointer has two coats alone, my middle finger has two coats over two coats of Pete and Pete, my ring finger has two coats over two coats of Apres-Midi (also Nvr Enuff, as I said before), and my pinky has two coats over two coats of Rocko's Modern Life. UUUUGH I just love it so much. The glitters were a little more sparse in this, which honestly, I prefer. The most frustrating thing about glitter toppers to me is when you try to do one coat over an awesome polish and you end up not being able to see it at all. I really liked that I could layer it until I was happy with how glittery it looked! While this may not be your cup of tea (I know some people feel like they're being ripped off if it isn't just overflowing with glitter), I just love it. Don't worry, glitter people, I'm not judging you. I respect you and your glitter-loving ways.

Okay then ladies (and probably gentlemen, hi Dad!), there's the Nick of Time Collection for you! Everything but Kablam! is still available over at http://nvrenuffpolish.bigcartel.com/, so don't wait until they sell out! Full size polishes (15ml) are $8.75 each and minis (5ml) are $3.75 each. As of now (August 21, 2014), it looks like RML has no full size left, AYAotD has both, and Pete and Pete has only full size. What an array of possibilities! As before, the minis of these polishes were provided free of charge for my review, and I straight up bought the full size before they had a chance to send them. Because I love them so much. And it was a good thing I did, I almost missed out on some goodness!

P.S. Sorry about my nail length, my claws broke very bad right before they sent these polishes out :( I promise they're growing back very quickly though!

No comments:

Post a Comment